The new kid on the block arrived with low prices and quick start-up times. Check out this section to see if Chromebooks backed by the power of Google are suitable for your education setting.
An emerging technology, Microsoft's Kinect is a motion sensor and camera that makes touchless gesture, body movement interactions and motion capture recordings possible on a Windows PC or Mac for almost no cost. Check out this section to learn how to use Kinect in your classroom today.
Augmented Reality (AR) is an emerging and exciting technology being used in primary, secondary, university and workplace settings. Click here to learn how AR is being used around the world and how you and your students can use and create AR apps today.
If you've got your students working on group projects outside of school hours, introduce them to these secure video call and text-based chat meeting tools. Learn more in this section.
With the prevalence of free online ("cloud") storage solutions, schools should be making the move to storing and presenting work online. By using online solutions:
Click here to learn how and why schools should be giving students the opportunities to create websites to share their work online.
Check out this section to learn how to use blogs, wikis, websites, Google Apps, interactive ePortfolios, QR Codes, Online Management Systems, Facebook and Twitter to get students collaborating and sharing their work online.
Progressive frameworks for the Australian Curriculum are now available for:
Click here to access the frameworks.
Have you downloaded the Progression Frameworks or used any of the ICT/Web 2.0 practices in your classroom?
Comment on a relevant post in the blog or use the Feedback Form to share your thoughts and suggestions or contribute your effective curriculum ideas!
ICT & Web 2.0 Excellence in Schools
Collaborating & Presenting Work Online
- Augmented Reality
- Blogs & Wikis
- Google Apps
- Google Chrome Apps for Windows/Mac/Linux
- Interactive ePortfolios
- Learning & Obeying Copyright Laws: Copyright / Creative Commons / The Public Domain
- Online 'Cloud" Storage Solutions
- Online Interactive Multimodal Presentations
- Online Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Online Meeting Tools
- QR Codes in Literacy & Art
- Social Networking in Educational Settings
- Student-Created Online Lessons & Tutorials
- Extensively Planning a Whole-School or Year Level Approach To Deliver Effective Curriculum via Interactive Whiteboards/One-To-One iPad or Laptop Programs/Alternative IWB Technology
- Funding Alternatives
- Android Devices
- Android For Windows & Mac
- Android/iOS/Chromebook/Mac/Linux/Windows Management Software Solutions
- Apple (iOS) Devices
- Chromebooks (Chrome OS)
- Chrome Apps for Windows/Mac/Linux
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Alternatives to Interactive Whiteboards
- Motion Controllers >
- Printers: Google's Cloud Print
- Smartphone Solutions
- Touchscreen Technology
- Virtual Reality
Integrating ICT and Web 2.0 into Learning Areas
- Integrating ICT into Art
- Integrating ICT into Art (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into English
- Integrating ICT into English (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into Geography
- Integrating ICT into Geography (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into Mathematics
- Integrating ICT into Mathematics (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into Religion
- Integrating ICT into Religion (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into Science
- Integrating ICT into Science (Student Portal)
- Software Solutions >
- Teaching & Learning Through Video Games >
- Collaborating & Presenting Work Online >
- Effective Curriculum Ideas Blog
- Feedback Form
- Further Professional Reading Resources
- ACER EPPC Conference