Today Effective Curriculum Ideas is celebrating achieving the milestones of over 50,000 views of the Effective Curriculum Ideas website and 1500+ LinkedIn connections. Let's keep sharing ideas to make a difference in education!
After receiving a suggestion for student-friendly versions of the Effective Curriculum Ideas website student portals have now been launched for the following sections:
Integrating ICT & Web 2.0 Excellence into:
The Effective Curriculum Ideas website has been updated to include the Australian Capital Territory's implementation of the Australian Curriculum.
Learn more here.
Celebrating milestones: 43K visitors, 5K visitors last week and over 750 LinkedIn connections!
After successful private beta testing in early 2014, in September 2014, Google launched Google Classroom for schools who have a Google Apps for Education account.
Google Classroom is an administration tool for teachers, who can use a central dashboard to create, embed, distribute, communicate, collect, monitor, grade and give feedback on student work utilising Google Apps such as Drive, Docs and Gmail.
Click here to learn more.
Effective Curriculum Ideas had launched a Pinterest page @ http://www.pinterest.com/effectivecurric/ and streamlined the website with search bars within each page and improved ordering of resources @ http://effectivecurriculumideas.weebly.com/
Schools should be embracing the new technologies available to film, share and broadcast news reports without needing to possess expensive filming suites. Use the following apps/app flow to create professionally filmed news reports.
For those who like a visual only approach of Pintereest, a Pinterest version for the Integrating ICT and Web 2.0 into Mathematics is now available here.
For those who like a visual only approach of Pintereest, a Pinterest version for the Integrating ICT and Web 2.0 into English is now available here.
How can schools ensure that both staff and students are responsibly using the electronic devices that your school has purchased? The following section allows schools and teachers (including techno-phobes) in both lab and one-to-one device settings to ensure that:
Access the software reviews here to find the desired solution.
Have you downloaded the Progression Frameworks or used any of the ICT/Web 2.0 practices in your classroom?
Comment on a relevant post in the blog or use the Feedback Form to share your thoughts and suggestions or contribute your effective curriculum ideas!
ICT & Web 2.0 Excellence in Schools
Collaborating & Presenting Work Online
- Augmented Reality
- Blogs & Wikis
- Google Apps
- Google Chrome Apps for Windows/Mac/Linux
- Interactive ePortfolios
- Learning & Obeying Copyright Laws: Copyright / Creative Commons / The Public Domain
- Online 'Cloud" Storage Solutions
- Online Interactive Multimodal Presentations
- Online Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Online Meeting Tools
- QR Codes in Literacy & Art
- Social Networking in Educational Settings
- Student-Created Online Lessons & Tutorials
- Extensively Planning a Whole-School or Year Level Approach To Deliver Effective Curriculum via Interactive Whiteboards/One-To-One iPad or Laptop Programs/Alternative IWB Technology
- Funding Alternatives
- Android Devices
- Android For Windows & Mac
- Android/iOS/Chromebook/Mac/Linux/Windows Management Software Solutions
- Apple (iOS) Devices
- Chromebooks (Chrome OS)
- Chrome Apps for Windows/Mac/Linux
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Alternatives to Interactive Whiteboards
- Motion Controllers >
- Printers: Google's Cloud Print
- Smartphone Solutions
- Touchscreen Technology
- Virtual Reality
Integrating ICT and Web 2.0 into Learning Areas
- Integrating ICT into Art
- Integrating ICT into Art (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into English
- Integrating ICT into English (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into Geography
- Integrating ICT into Geography (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into Mathematics
- Integrating ICT into Mathematics (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into Religion
- Integrating ICT into Religion (Student Portal)
- Integrating ICT into Science
- Integrating ICT into Science (Student Portal)
- Software Solutions >
- Teaching & Learning Through Video Games >
- Collaborating & Presenting Work Online >
- Effective Curriculum Ideas Blog
- Feedback Form
- Further Professional Reading Resources
- ACER EPPC Conference